Wearable, what does it mean?
- personal: clothing, wrist, or in the case of Glass your face
- immediacy: augment our daily activities
- convenience: look up to read your e-mail
- interaction: keyboard and monitor no more
- an opportunity to enhance contextual experience
[vimeo 114816127 w=500 h=281]
Glass presents an unique opportunity to examine the environment around the wearer in real time. Environmental Sensors are rapidly evolving in size power, and portability to the point where they are essentially wearable and always on. There are several sensors already on the market that can provide real-time streaming of temperature, humidity, atmospheric gas, spectra, etc. This class will provide and in-depth review of best practices and design patterns for integrating sensors with Glass. Also presented is a live demonstration of several sensor technologies as part of this session. All source code presented during this class will be available at: https://github.com/gitizenme/Sense.